Tuesday 2 December 2014

Makeup Academy Pro-Base | Prime & Conceal

So after watching Heidi Hamoud's video tutorial on how to cover dark circles, I decided that I would try a 'coloured concealer'. I'd never had one of these products before, and to be honest the sight of it scared me a tad. The thought of putting a green cream onto my face made me think that I'd look a bit silly, but after researching coloured concealers I've found out what they are used for, and how to prevent them from coming through your foundation. The basic idea of coloured concealers are that if you take a look at a colour wheel, there will be a colour opposite it. This colour can be used to 'cancel' out the other one. So if you have red patches on your face, green can be used to cancel out the redness. I purchased the Makeup Academy Pro-Base Prime & Conceal product from Superdrug for a very reasonable £4.
There are five colours on the Pro-Base Prime & Conceal palette: orange, purple, green, yellow, and cream. The orange shade is used to cancel out the purple around the eyes. The purple shade is used to eliminate any yellow shades on the face, such as a bruise or mark. The yellow shade is also used around the eye area, and can be used to reduce the appearance of 'bags' under the eyes. The green shade (which I am the most thankful for) helps to even out red areas and scars. In my opinion this is the most helpful shade in the palette, as sometimes my foundation cover my spots or problem areas, but there is still a slight red circle. This green shade helps to eliminate that, and it is my absolute saviour. The middle shade I use as a general concealer and highlighter. The process of applying a coloured concealer is after you apply moisturiser and primer, but before you apply foundation. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to use these sorts of palettes, but I would highly recommend the video I mentioned at the top of the post. I would definitively recommend buying this palette, or a similar one, if you suffer from coloured imperfections on your face as these can make your life a lot easier!
-E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment